Thursday 21 June 2007

A Life in Transition.

While rummaging through my pile of books I happened upon my journal from a few years ago. It covers a three year period from mid 2001. I picked it up feeling all nostalgic, thinking to myself, "This'll be a nice read." Boy was my life grim, I'd forgotten how bad it was. I had to go and open one of the fundraising chocolates Tallis brought home from school today just to get through it. It was soooo depressing but then I realised all the journal really chronicled was the incredible faithfulness of God. My life now is so completely unrecognisable from that time, so much so that it almost seems as though I'm reading about someone else.
On the last page of that journal I wrote about my first day at CCC Ryde. We had just left our old church and RG spoke on Isaiah 43:

18 “Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert."

At the end of that journal my new life began. I've now been at CCC for over three years now (although it may feel much longer for some people). I remember someone coming up to me at my first women's conference and saying, "God woke me up in the middle of the night to say that church is going to be different for you this time. " I smiled at her but thought to myself "yeah right." But it was. I'm home.

8 comments:

Heather said...

It's good to look back and see what God has done! Great verse from Isaiah 43. You're on a roll.

xx

Seraphim sigh said...

Heather, is that a roll of fat?

Heather said...

I had to think about that question...what is she talking about??? A roll of fat, NO! A sausage roll? A cheese roll? A forward roll? Yes, a forward roll!

Heather said...

Nice links Manda
xx

Jenny said...

Mmmmm...not so sure about links.

Seraphim sigh said...

I've made the links fair to everyone involved so hopefully everyone's happy!

Heather said...

Well, I guess that's very 'fair'!

Jenny said...

I have tagged you. See my blog for details.