Monday 29 September 2008

Finally....a blog entry!

This post is for those 2 poor souls who stumbled across my blog site and reminded me I haven't posted for a very long time. It's school holidays, my daughter's away camping with friends and my son doesn't talk half as much as she does, so I finally have time to post.

I've been 40 for 9 months now and I have to say it's been the best year of my life (so far!) for over a decade. Part of it has been losing 25kg which would make even an elephant feel better about themselves but most of it is that I just feel incredibly blessed. I've watched the faithfulness of God transform my life mostly in spite of myself. I've watched God provide for my children so they live a life beyond what I could ever provide. I've got the best friends anyone could ask for, who love me and stand by me even when I'm at my most unlikeable and grumpy.

I even occasionally join the church hiking group on their adventures around Sydney. I used to hike a lot before I had children and I'd forgotten how much I love it. Last saturday we walked from Balmoral Beach to Taronga and back. After the initial 10 000 step torture at the beginning it was my favourite walk yet.

On the way you pass some of the World War 2 fortifications built to protect Sydney Harbour.




There are cannons, underground tunnels and rooms and barracks all there for you to explore. I felt like I was in a senior citizen episode of the Australian famous five! I can't wait to take the kids back there.













The scenery along the way was breathtaking. How spoilt are we to live in Sydney!




1 comment:

Heather said...

Yes, you are so blessed to have such great friends :) hehe...xx